Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Benefit They're Real! Mascara / Review

I've had this mascara for a month now and can now bring you my review...

A revelation! Amazing! Da Bomb!!!

The End.


Ok I know, I can't stop here. Sorry!

So far, this mascara is the best I've used in years. No kidding!  My lashes point down not up (grrr!) and they are quite stubborn to boot. This mascara holds the curl like no other so far without being a waterproof formula. It's stiff, real stiff so it keeps lashes looking nice for a good 10 hours if not more.

Ta-da!!!

Back in April I received this little birthday present at Sephora which included small sizes of Watts Up! highlighter reviewed here, and They're Real! mascara.




I was so impressed by how the mascara performed that the following week I went and got the full size.





I don't know if this has happened to any of you but sometimes you get a promotional size of a product, like it, go get the full size and are left disappointed. This is the reason why I wanted to wait before writing my review. I wanted to make sure it was that good.

How did it perform? F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!!!

I take the wand out once and do both eyes. I don't pump it in the container because I want to introduce as little air as possible. The formula is just perfect! Not too thin and not too thick. It dries fast so you can easily do two or three coats in no time. No clumps, no mess. For real! 

I know I sound like a commercial, sorry about that but it's that good!

It lenghtens and thickens my lashes and sometimes it even... wait for it... gives me a little curl without using the lash curler! Practically unheard of for me.

As much as Estée Lauder's Sumptuous mascara had been a hit and run, this one is hitting the ball way out of the ball park! 

Do I recommend Benefit They're Real!? Hummmm, what do you think?

I understand that at $29.00 it's not cheap for a mascara but if you have a hard time with your lashes, if they're hard to curl, don't keep the curl, if they're short or whatever the issue is, do try this one! You can purchase the small size for $12.00 and the formula really is the same, so is the brush. 

I've mentioned before, a good mascara is a combination of a good formula and a good brush. This one, just like Estée Lauder's reviewed here, definitely has both. 

Let's compare the two...





Top, Benefit they're Real!
Bottom, Estée Lauder Sumptuous.


Both brushes are roughly the same size, they are big so if you're accustomed to smaller ones you may find getting accustomed to one of these a little tricky. This would apply if you have short lashes as well but it's doable. The lashes in the inner corners of my eyes are kind of short and I have no issues with either of these brushes. What makes Benefit's superior, in my view, are the little spikes you can see at the end. They get in there and grab every single one of those tiny little lashes!

For curling, I still have to heat my lash curler with the blow dryer but I don't have to press as much as with Sumptuous. The only way this works for me is if I curl with the mascara on. Neither of these formulas budge or clump but with They're Real! I only have to do it a few times. I get great results faster than with Estée Lauder.

Removal...

Since it's stiffer than other mascaras, you need a little more eye makeup remover or micellar water on your cotton pads to remove it. Between the two, Estée Lauder is easier to take off but Benefit is worth the little extra time for that gorgeous all day finish you get.

So...

Estée Lauder's Sumptuous does remain an excellent option and if you already use and like it, keep doing so but for me Benefit's they're Real! is superior and has reached HG status! Total Holy Grail!

I will of course try other mascaras to bring you more reviews but I do believe that this one will remain in my makeup bag for a long time!


Reviews:
Makeup Alley: 3.5 / 5 lippies for 763 reviews.
Beauté-test: 4 / 5 stars for 523 reviews.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...