Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Biotherm Pure-Fect Skin Cleansing Gel / Review

This Biotherm cleanser I purchased for my daughter. She'll be 14 in a month and so far she hasn't had any major skin issues except for a few clogs here and there and a little tiny pimple once in a blue Moon.

She was almost out of her Avène Cleanance Soapless Cleansing Gel and I guess she was starting to get bored with it. It's an excellent cleanser but she wanted something with a bit of fragrance. Some are sensitive to it and that was the reason why I had chosen Avène in the first place, not knowing how her skin would react.

She's been using it for a little over two weeks now and so far so good. Some mornings she'll simply go for Biotherm's micellar water, reviewed here, but in the evening she uses Biotherm Pure-Fect Skin Cleansing Gel. She likes it which is saying a lot! Like any other girl her age, she's not to much interested in skin care. As long as it keeps her skin clear of blemishes she's happy!


Click on the picture to visit Biotherm's website


How does Biotherm Pure-Fect Skin Cleansing Gel perform? Beautifully!

Since my daughter doesn't wear makeup I've tried it myself a few times to see how it removed makeup. It did great! I do have to specify that I don't wear foundation but I do wear different powders (bronzer, blush). Surprisingly, it didn't dry my eye area. I know it's not made to remove eye makeup but I'm lazy, one step or nothing is what I like.

Little is needed. It's a clear gel that's neither too thick nor too runny. I use about 1/4 tsp of it and it's enough to cleanse thoroughly face and neck.

Oh I almost forgot, it does remove sunscreen. The ones we use at the moment are La Roche Posay SPF 60 and Ombrelle Spécial Visage/Face SPF 45. Biotherm Pure-Fect Skin Cleansing Gel removed every last traces of these. We don't use the more tenacious Japanese formulas but I would think this cleanser would do a proper job.

Would I recommend Biotherm Pure-Fect Skin Cleansing Gel? Yes!

Readily available everywhere, at $19.00 its a great basic cleanser. If you have combination to oily skin, this is a great one to have for summer, especially at the end of a super hot day. It's refreshing and will get rid not only of makeup and dirt but also of that uncomfortable yucky sweaty film! I've experienced this recently since we've had a few super hot days already.

The nice thing is that it will not strip you skin like other cleansers aimed for these skin types sometimes do. I don't feel any tightness after using it but then again, I don't wait 10 minutes before applying my moisturizer.


Reviews:
Makeup Alley: there are no reviews for this specific cleanser but it would seem that they are a little mixed up. I'm still providing you with the link to Biotherm cleansers for browsing their other offerings in that category.
Beauté-test: 3.5 / 5 stars for 8 reviews.


Ingredients (Beautypedia)
Water, Glycerin, Coco-Betaine Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Algin, Argilla Vitreoscilla Ferment, Zinc Sulfate, Parfum



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...