Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chanel Taboo, Le Vernis, Is Mine!

Recently I ranted a little about the hype surrounding this nail polish. I'm not sure but I don't think this type of reaction has been seen since the release of Chanel's Rouge Noir. You can read my previous entry here.


Yes, this is the original bottle c1995. Told ya I was a hoarder!


Where did this all start? In 1994 a makeup artist covered the bare nails of models with black marker just before a photo shoot for an upcoming fashion show. An almost black nail polish was then develop especially for the runway and was noticed by photographers and beauty editors. Made to look like dried blood, it became one of the most in-demand products in Chanel history. If I remember correctly they did try to recreate the same envy with 21 Brun Sortilège but it just wasn't the same.

For the past few months there's been talk of this new nail color. Reviews, comments and pictures have been circulating. It's now available through Chanel's website but hasn't been officially launched. As mentioned in my previous entry about Taboo, I had left my name at the Chanel counter with the hope that I would be able to get my hands on it.


Here I thought it would be fun to put them side by side.


I got the call yesterday morning and late afternoon picked it up at The Bay downtown Montreal. When I got there the first sales assistant I asked didn't know what I was talking about. When I said Taboo she thought I meant the fragrance Tabu by Dana. Funny since I don't think The Bay sells this anymore.

Next was the counter manager, she had a big grin on her face due to her co-worker's reaction. I was the first one there to get it. It will be on the counter next week, if there are any left that is. Anyways...

...Veni, vidi, vici!* 








Applied last night, 2 coats.


The application went like a breeze! Perfect consistency, not too thick and not too thin. This is truly a great formula. This was a relief to me since in the past Chanel has had some misses, thinking about light colors like the old number 69 called Ironique. They've come a long way. $27.00 isn't cheap for a nail polish especially since you can get almost every color imaginable for about $10.00 or less, still, I swear this one is quite unique!


Here it really comes alive with one coat of Seche Vite
Picture taken around Noon.


Sadly my camera doesn't render all the subtlety of the color but can you see the little specs of dark pinkish red in there? They end up dancing on the surface of my nails. Silly I know, but last night I must have stared at my nails for a good five minutes straight. My daughter thought I had completely lost it. The same happened again today after I applied the coat of Seche Vite. With it, the color popped!


Taken at the end of the day after cleaning the balcony and yard.
It survived!

If you are into dark colors, if you like purple, if you like dimension... get this! It should be more readily available starting next week and will eventually be part of Chanel's regular collection of nail polishes so every one can have their own.

Here are some of my old, next to the new...


Rouge Noir, Brun Sortilège, Ironique, Topaze & Taboo

Topaze. I'm glad I still have that one. Part of Chanel 1999 Summer collection, my daughter's first!


*I came, I saw, I conquered! - Julius Caesar

Pour lire cet article en français, cliquez, ici.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...