Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

L'Oréal Colour Caresse By Colour Riche / Review

After my recent fiasco with a L'Oréal lip product I must admit I was quite hesitant in trying another of their offerings. Today at the drugstore I stumbled upon these, the Colour Caresse by Colour Riche. On special at $7.99 I figured I would take the risk. I chose Rose Taffeta 174, a nice light soft pink.


L'Oréal Colour Caresse By Colour Riche in Rose Taffeta 174. The swatch on the left is one swipe, 
on the right you can see a nice build up of color. Shiny, it feels almost like a gloss on the lips. 


This is a light formula that reminds me a little of Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Collection but more sheer. Some have compared it to Clinique's almost lipstick but I don't see it. L'Oréal is more pigmented and feels lighter on my lips.

It has a light flavor but I'm glad to report, it's got nothing to do with chemical taste of the Color Riche Balm which I had to remove because it was getting to me. To me Colour Caresse tastes like berries. The presentation is quite nice, although not has "heavy" as a high end lipstick it comes in a shiny gold case with the top that fits firmly into place with a gentle click. Unfortunately, like all drugstore brands, the protective film is a pain to remove.

The finish, at first is quite shiny but disappears after about 30 minutes. After that time I didn't really feel it but I still had a hint of color. About two hours later, I barely had any color left, only on the outer edges. The only thing I did during that time was drink a small Ginger Ale.

Would I recommend L'Oréal Colour Caress By Colour Riche? Unless it's on special, no!

It does have a nice shine when first applied but it has little staying power. If you're the type to reapply lipstick every hour or so then yes you may consider this lipstick but otherwise you'd better pass. I almost forgot to mention that I also found it a little drying.

If you want a light formula with good colour payoff and staying power, have a look at Rimmel. They are even less expensive.

If you want a good sheer lipstick, go for Clinique Almost Lipstick which I find worth the extra money.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...