Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day Quick Wish List / Fragrances

A new fragrance for mom? That's always a good idea, at least for me it is. These below are the ones I've fallen for recently. The one I'm really leaning toward is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb but I must admit that revisiting Issey Miake with L'Eau d'Issey Florale would be quite nice as well.



Nina ($68.00), Eau d'Issey Florale ($89.00), Marchesa Parfum D'Extase ($102.00), 
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb ($85.00), Balenciaga Florabotanica ($90.00)


Nina Ricci, Nina. Although aimed at a younger audience, Nina, created in 2006 by Olivier Cresp and Jacques Cavallier, is so fresh and modern that I don't see why women of any age wouldn't enjoy it. The first notes of lemon and lime where enough for me to fall in love with it. I received several of samples of it and it's more than likely that I'll splurge for the full size.

Issey Miyake, Eau d'Issey Florale. Launched in 2011 and created by Alberto Morillas, this is a beautiful floral, roses, white floral with an hint of citrus. Light and fresh, ideal for Summer.

Marchesa Parfum D'Extase. Launched in the Fall of 2012, it was created by Annie Buzantian. Flowery, powdery and quite glamorous. Who wouldn't want to own this beautiful bottle?

Viktor & Rolf, Flowerbomb. For some reason I've stayed away from oriental fragrances for quite a long time but this one is reeling me right back! Appropriately named, it is "da bomb"

Balenciaga, Florabotanica. Launched last Fall, created by Olivier Polge and Jean-Christophe Herault, it caused quite a stir with it's bottle. It apparently starts with citrus, moves toward mint, herbal notes to finally settle into carnation and rose. This is from what I've read about it. For some this floral is forgettable and the fact that Christen Stewart is the face for it, well, I'm not sure it helps. I haven't sampled it but I would want it just for the bottle, really I would!

Depending on where you shop, some of these come in value sets at the moment. It's nice to get a little extra, a body lotion for example is a nice little bonus. Some are also available at Sephora in little rollerball versions.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...