Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Recent Purchases from Weleda & Cake Beauty / Review

Roaming the beauty department at Winners last Friday I spotted these. I figured, they would bring a bit of freshness into my routine especially since on that day it was hot, really hot! Today, not so much! I don't know what's happening but May started with a Bang but since Saturday I could swear we're back early April! Today is the worst and my daughter had to wear a light winter coat this to go to school!

Summer will come, I know it will...




Weleda Citrus Creamy Body Wash

Super fresh, creamy so non drying, little is needed. A nice alternative for mornings where I find my skin a bit dryer and don't want to use The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel. I'm still in the citrus family, aren't I? Revitalising and energizing, great way to wake up in the morning.

Regular price, $14.99, Winners, $5.99.

Ingredients (Weleda):
Water (Aqua)Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed OilCoco-GlucosideAlcoholDisodium Cocoyl GlutamateGlycerinChondrus Crispus (Carrageenan)Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel OilXanthan GumLactic AcidFragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*,Citral*.
* from natural essential oils


Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Lotion

Described as regenerating nourishing care for mature skin, this is not the reason why I purchased it. I was curious about the texture and the fragrance. Light, it penetrates quickly but the smell at first is surprising. To me, herbal and not so pleasant. Fortunately it changes and about 20 minutes or so after application it becomes more sweet leaving behind the "greenness". Despite the light feel I was pleasantly surprised by the moisture it provided my skin. I didn't need to use much and my skin still felt supple by morning. Love the convenient pump.

Regular price, $20.00, Winners, $9.99.

Ingredients (Weleda):
Water (Aqua)Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed OilAlcoholPrunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel OilHelianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed OilButyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, GlycerinGlyceryl Stearate SE,Cetearyl AlcoholFragrance (Parfum)*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil,Panicum Miliaceum (Millet) Seed ExtractXanthan GumCetearyl AlcoholLimonene*,Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*,Coumarin*, Farnesol*.
* from natural essential oils


Cake Beauty Lemon Chiffon Velveteen Hand Cream

Lemon? I just had to get one! Fresh fragrance that reminds me of lemon meringue. This cream surprised me, excellent moisture, penetrates quickly and the odor that lingers doesn't annoy me like so many other hand products have in the past. For some reason, I don't mind a strong fragrance in body products when used in the morning but on hands it's another matter. It seems it's the only thing I smell and so I steer clear of perfumed hand creams. This one is just perfect.

I don't know if this product is still available. Winners had many for $5.99 but I couldn't find it on Cake Beauty website. Some, if not all (I'm not sure) of their offerings are available at Murale. Their other hand creams sell for $18.00 but I got this one for $5.99 at Winners. 


I'm very pleased with my purchases and especially about the fact that the prices where so low. Next time you go to Winners have a look at their beauty department, you never know what you'll find.



Click on the picture to visit Winners


Got any good deals recently?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...