Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring Cleaning, Take a Peek...

Finally, I'm happy to say, we are done with April!!!

It started with the funerals of the man of my life, went on with my first birthday without him and then the  anniversary of our first date without him....

To top it all off, the weather was just plain horrible!

The last few days have been nice and so I do believe that even if Spring has let us down this year, Summer should make up for it. Let's hope it does. Actually it should since Jeff the Weather Man did confirm this morning that there will be a Summer! Being a weather man, he must be right! Right?

Some are done with their "Spring cleaning", an almost traditional yearly ritual. After months spent indoors due to the cold mainly, as soon as the weather warms up a bit we go nuts with cleaning, getting rid of that thick "wintery" dust, opening all windows and washing everything we can get our hands on. It sure is a nice change to shoveling.

This Winter there wasn't a lot of cleaning in my house due to what we where going through and so the result of this is a lot of stuff lying around and a lot of dust. A little overwhelmed, I had to start somewhere and so I  decided to start the process with my bathroom. I guess it makes it easy since it's the smallest room in the house.

The top shelf is not shown and the bottom one is in view when the door is shut.

Our new girls only pharmacy:


 I just realised that I should have changed the tube of toothpaste but hey, this is real life! 


Looks nice and clean doesn't it? I give this 2 days tops!


Catherine's corner. Avène Cleanance K moisturizer, La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 60, Ombrelle Face SPF 45, Biotherm Purefect Skin Cleanser, Avène Cleanance Soapless Gel, The Body Shop face brush. On the lower shelf she also has some of her Eos lip balms, Powser brush, Clarins bronzer and Laura Mercier loose powder as seen on the top picture.


Avène Eluage Cream, Avène Eluage Firming Gel, Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum, Caudalie Vinoperfect night, Avène Redness Relief day cream, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Nivea Cream, The Body Shop 3 in 1 mask, Nuxe Crème Fraîche, Unrefined Shea Butter, Witch hazel, a tube of Estée Lauder Vérité Eye Gel and my little jar of Keihl's Creamy Eye Treatment.


Biotherm Biosource Micellar Water, Avène Thermal Water, Avène Anti-redness Dermo-cleanser, Keihl's deodorant, Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm, Nivea Lip Butter, Caudalie Lip Conditioner and two samples of Clarins firming line.


Bottom shelf: Little covered basket of hair ties, Liérac oil, Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse. In the little basket, Some samples, The Body Shop's Oceanus and Pink Grapefruit Eau de Toilette, Clinique Tenderheart lipstick as well as some Mark glosses, Avène Cold Cream, Caudalie and Clinique Deep Comfort hand creams, a small Marchesa eau de toilette. In the barbotine container, more samples, cotton rounds, baby washcloths and my old Dior face brush. In the front, lipsticks/glosses of the moment, Chanel, Clinique and L'Oréal.


One thing to know about me, I am domestically challenged! This year there's just so much to take care of, to clean, I can hardly keep up with my in-box so imagine the rest... I probably won't be done until... next Spring!

At least my bathroom is done!

If you've enjoyed peeking into mine, you may enjoy the ones of famous people even more... Have a look at these:


In Vogue: Dans la salle de bain de...

In Harper's Bazaar: Karl Lagerfeld's


1 comment:

  1. Very nice to hear you are doing better since last month. It is good to stay distracted while keeping up with your routines and hobbies. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...